How To Make Soap: Galaxy Soap
*Pyrex Measuring Jug (500ml to 1 litre ones are the best);
*Long handled spoon (do not use wood but stainless steel is best);
*Thermometer (long ones used to check milk heat for coffee frothing is perfect but not essential);
*Aloe Vera Melt and Pour Base;
*Glitter (make sure its not the craft store glitter but the edible stuff);
*Rubbing alcohol in spray bottle.
- Place 1 kg of melt and pour base into Pyrex jug and heat in microwave at 30-60 sec bursts. Repeat until melted all the way through, ensuring you stir between each heating.
- Once the melted soap base reaches 60-65 degrees pour into three separate bowls and add a few drops of food coloring in each with a small pinch of glitter and stir – I would suggest the colors blue, pink and purple.
- Taking a color at a time, pour a layer of soap in the soap molds (silicone molds are the most efficient, otherwise use any other container you like the shape of, as long as it keeps heat and ensure its lined with baking paper). Between each layer, allow for the soap to cool a little so they colors don’t blend completely.
- Tap the mold to ensure any bubbles which are trapped inside the soap are moved up and out and lastly spray with rubbing alcohol on top to create smooth surface.
- Place the mold in a clean, cold area where they can set.
- 2-4 hours later the soap should be hard enough to take it out of the mold.
(C) T. Georgitsis 2016
Make sure you purchase sustainable and environmentally sourced ingredients and support your local businesses too.
Soap Bases: http://www.aussiesoapsupplies.com.au/
Essential Oils: http://www.doterra.com/#/en
(C) T. Altman 2016
Disclaimer: The information presented here is taken from my own personal experiences and are to be used as a guide only. Please take into consideration, any medical conditions such as allergies before attempting. Permission to reprint any information or photos on this blog must be obtained by the blog creator (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Featured Image with Permission from: T. Altman 2015