Spring Wine aka May Wine
1 bottle White Wine (I prefer Moscato but Riesling is traditionally used);
1 bottle Champagne (pink can make the beverage visually appealing);
3 grams fresh Woodruff herb or ½ cup dried Woodruff herb;
Woodruff herb flowers for garnish;
1 punnet of fresh Strawberries sliced in half: and
½ dozen ice cubes made from Brandy (this is an extra I like to add which can be excluded depending on personal preference)
- Pour bottle of white wine in a large pitcher or decanter which can hold over both bottles of white wine and champagne.
- Steep fresh woodruff in white wine for at least an hour (the longer you steep the herb the stronger the flavour).
- Strain the woodruff from the infused white wine and slowly pour the champagne to blend.
- Add sliced strawberries and brandy ice cubes.
- Serve in large chilled wine glasses with a few woodruff flowers as garnish.
Make sure you purchase sustainable and environmentally sourced ingredients and support your local businesses too.
(C) T. Altman 2016
Disclaimer: The information presented here is taken from my own personal experiences and are to be used as a guide only. Please take into consideration, any medical conditions such as allergies before attempting. Permission to reprint any information or photos on this blog must be obtained by the blog creator (firstname.lastname@example.org).